Paige (Updated)

Jorge Hernandez is a fictional character created by author Mima. This blog is in his voice. To learn more about this series, go to www.mimaonfire.com


Ah! Paige! Beautiful Paige. Mi Amor! 🌸

I met my wife at a late age. I was a man in my forties who had no intention of ever marrying. But life, it can be full of surprises. Never say never; that is what they say, no? It was perhaps the best night of my life. Although, in honesty, it did start a bit precariously? Is that the word? Unstable? You must excuse me, my English, it is good but not the best.



Do I believe in love at first sight? I believe that was what you might call an instantaneous reaction to the moment. Perhaps not in a fairy tale sort of way, but you know, we are not that kind of people. There is an almost indescribable moment. It is like an electrical current going through every inch of your body. From the top of your head to the tip of your toes. It's fast. It does not stick around for long, but when you feel it, you know.

Our lives have been quite different than, say Stan and Sally Average Couple, who've always followed the rules in life and rarely, if ever, took a detour. Our world, it has been one big detour. We perhaps march to a different drummer than most, but it has been an unbelievable journey that sent fire through my soul.

My Paige, she calms me. While life has a way of raising my blood pressure, always with surprise problems popping up, I am fortunate to have a wife that is always capable of staying balanced. I tease her that it is because she spends all that time on her meditation pillow. Perhaps this is the answer for us all. Not the meditation pillow, I mean finding someone that balances us out. She is the only person I have ever met that has that effect on me. Love, it is a beautiful thing.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Jorge Hernandez (Updated)

Miguel (Updated)