Diego (Updated)

Jorge Hernandez is a fictional character created by author Mima. To learn more about this series, go to www.mimaonfire.com. This blog is written in the voice of the character Jorge Hernandez. 

You may recall that in my first post, I mentioned my company. This is a company that I formed with my long-time friend and hermano, Diego Silva. Not to be mistaken, we are not related through blood. This does not matter. Our true family is those we choose throughout life. These are the people who prove loyalty and are there for us when needed. Diego has been this for me.

Like myself, Diego has little connection to his own family. His parents are still in Colombia, his home country, while his sister Jolene is also in Canada. His relationship with his sister, it has its ups and downs. But in the end, you can tell there is a deep connection that keeps them close. As much as I have been tempted to remove Jolene from our lives, it is always clear that this would cause a strain with Diego that I do not wish to introduce. Sometimes, these are the tough decisions we are forced to make. 

I met Diego many years ago while doing work in California. He was living with his sugar daddy at the time, a man I did business with, and therefore, our paths often crossed. 

And yes - I said sugar daddy - Diego, he is gay. This is why his familia in Colombia, they no longer speak to him. It was his father's decision, and his mother, of course, would not speak up against her husband. However, let us get back on track...

Diego, I call him my brother because he does remind me of my brother Miguel who died many years ago. I will speak about him in another post, but there have always been many similarities that make me feel closer to Miguel. I feel protective of Diego, perhaps because I was not able to protect Miguel when he needed me most. It is difficult to explain, but this is my reality. 

We all need a family. It does not matter if they are from the same bloodline or our tribe that we discover along the way. These are the people we unite with, and these are the people we protect. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Jorge Hernandez (Updated)

Paige (Updated)

Miguel (Updated)